The 21st Century Is Here!

The 21st Century Is Here!
Got Gadgets? You've Come To The Right Place!

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

It Was the Bottom Of The 9th And Virus Was Up 4 To 1 Over Computer...

Yes, yes, yes.  I wrote last week or so about a neighbor's laptop that was filled with viruses and nearly impossible to fix.  Well...my neighbor brought that laptop over to my house early last week...and I went back to work.

With the help of several antivirus and anti malware programs, I was able to clean out the laptop.  It is about 98 % totally clean.  Only it's browser settings remain tied up.  It's hard drive disk, and various programs and files have been thoroughly cleaned.

It was touch and go for a while.  I even thought that the hard drive was going to fail, but it held up.


Even after this malware removal program did it's job thoroughly, there were still many more problems buried deep within files on the machine.  It would take a 4th software, a more restrictive and thorough anti virus to really dig in and find the various infections and start cleaning them out.  Here's what that software discovered:


So it's the bottom of the 9th, Computer at bat...and they have hit a grand slam against the Viruses.  Now it's just up to the home run hitter to round third base and step on home plate to make it official.

Thanks to my neighbor for trusting me with their machine.  I learned a lot.  Once I fix this browser issue, I hope that all will be better for them and this machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment