The 21st Century Is Here!

The 21st Century Is Here!
Got Gadgets? You've Come To The Right Place!

Monday, September 16, 2013

Helping People Over 50

I know that in the past I've posted some writings about helping people that I work with, as well as friends and family, get into the mobile technology world.  It continues to be both a spiritually rewarding as well as a community strengthening process.  My friends, co-workers become more engaged in their devices and use better security measures on all of their devices.  From much stronger passwords, improved browsing habits - it's nice to see people engaged more.

What's amazing is that the people who are most fearful to learn any of it turn out to be the best at learning it.  They seem to learn to take control and run off with it.  It's nice to see.  Age 50 and up isn't just a number, it's an indication of someone's level of concentration.  I think older adults who are used to tooling around with things, actually have longer attention spans.  Once they "get" the tricks, so to speak, I think they just dive right in and take control.

What's surprising is to see "younger" people who work with computers every day, who have no idea of how to set up their iPhones, Androids, Windows or Blackberry phones.  I deal with plenty of 40 and 30 something people between work, home and my social settings.  When I converse with them, I would say that better than 50% of them have no idea of their email passwords, antivirus applications or how to use Phone Finder type functions.  With all the hacking going on, I find that quite amazing.

Perhaps that's where I'll start writing information towards.  We need a group remedial mobile device set up session.  I'm chuckling as I wrote that.  Actually, what we need is simply some extra focus and attention on what we're doing with our technology.  Otherwise we may find ourselves victims of hackers.  Keep reading...my thoughts on the "new" iPhone C are next.

No comments:

Post a Comment