The 21st Century Is Here!

The 21st Century Is Here!
Got Gadgets? You've Come To The Right Place!

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

The "Case" For Buying A Case For Your Phone Or Tablet

As I sit here ready to wrap up a long and busy day, I couldn't help but to recall a conversation between myself and yet another co-worker.  It was about his iPhone not having a case, then him dropping it and boom...his screen has a nice crack on it's top right corner.

That leads me right into me making my case.  I hereby state that if you're going to buy a modern smartphone with a glass screen, that you MUST also be ready to purchase a protective case for it.  That case could be made of rubber, silicone, hard plastic or whatever the case may be.  But you must buy one.  AND you should include a fairly inexpensive screen protector if the case does not have one built in. 

Now why do I say the word "must"?  Well, in reality you don't have to.  But tell me this...have you spoken to, or been the person who DIDN'T purchase a protective case for your phone, drop it and then found out that you had to go buy a new one because your insurance didn't cover the phone or your phone contract wouldn't be up for another 18 months?

Believe me, I've seen the faces of people like you...or your friend who've been caught out there with no case and no screen protector.  Now you're forced to either spend $300 or $600 for a new phone when you could have spent another $2 to $40 and kept the phone you originally purchased safe and out of harm's way.  I know there are some hard headed folks out there, including some of you who feel that cases ruin the phone, and screen protectors ruin the view.  However, I can assure you that the folks I've seen with the worse cases and worst screen views are those folks who's phones were accidentally dropped and now that severely chipped casings and cracked screens.

Cell phone cases and screen protectors can be shopped for at sometimes insanely cheap prices on Amazon and Ebay.  You just have to spend a little time shopping.  The time you spend will be well worth it should you have a case of the butter fingers.  The same goes for tablets.  Get yourself a screen protector, leather case, or rubber case - whatever.  But do chose to do it BEFORE an accident happens with your very expensive device. 

As you shop, always read and/or listen for customer feedback.  Knowing what works and what doesn't work before you plop down your money is a good thing.  Learn from other people's mistakes or manufacturing mistakes as best as you can, then move on. 

Okay, that's enough of my ranting.  Time to say good night and go get yourself a case! Good night all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment